1. Back up everything you feel is important.
2. Charge your device to 75% or more before you begin.
3. Make sure that the necessary drivers are in place. If you aren’t sure, installing Samsung Kies usually takes care of this.
4. This procedure only works with the GT-S5280/S5282 variants of the Samsung Galaxy Star Duos; do not try this on any other variant or device.
Impactor_0.9.12.zip [or the latest version available]
1. Extract Impactor_0.9.12.zip to a folder on your desktop.
2. Enable USB Debugging on your device. To do this, go to Settings > Development and tick the USB Debugging checkbox.
3. Connect your device to your PC. If your PC installs drivers at this stage, let it do so and then continue with the procedure.
4. From the extracted folder, double-click on Impactor.exe.
5. Choose # drop SuperSU su to /system/xbin/su from the drop-down menu.
6. Click on Start in the Cydia Compactor app.
To verify root access, download an app like Root Checker Lite from the Play Store or any other app that requires root privileges.