A leaked version of OTA Jelly Bean 4.2.2 update has been seen running on Sony Xperia Z few weeks back.Here we are going to manually update your Xperia Z to leaked Android 4.2.2 10.3.A.0.407 firmware.
[colored_box color="yellow"]Special Thanks to DooMLoRD (XDA-Developers) for the Step-by-step guide.[/colored_box]
Things to know before you update
Jelly Bean 4.2.2 10.3.A.0.407 OS: the update hasn’t been yet released by Sony for the Xperia Z.This is a leaked version of the firmware and might contain some minor bugs and issues.So do it at your own risk, we are in no way responsible for any damages.Also one more this update is only for Xperia Z model number C6602 / 03.
- Root your Xperia Z and install CWM recovery into its system.
- This is a beta OS, so the root is being required; also CWM recovery will be used on the flashing operation, so don’t skip the above step.
- On the computer ADB / Android SDK must be installed.
- Also, I recommend you to backup the Xperia Z data because a wipe will be required. So, that means you can lose all of your personal stuffs and data. That’s why you need to use suitable backup and restore apps for saving anything you might need afterwards.
- Now, on your computer (the one that will be used) and on your smartphone you should uninstall the antivirus and any other security program or setting – these tools might interfere with the update operation.
- Your phone must have at least 60% power left; else you will risk in bricking your phone – if it will get turned off in the middle of the flashing procedure.
- Enable the USB debugging option on your handset by going to “Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging” – else you won’t be able to properly connect your phone with the PC.
- Your Sony Xperia Z must be on 253/.307 build; also remember that this guide is compatible only with the C6602 / 03 version of the Xperia Z (apply the leaked Jelly Bean 4.2.2 10.3.A.0.407 firmware only on the mentioned device, else you can end up in bricking your smartphone).
How to Update Xperia Z to Leaked Jelly Bean 4.2.2 10.3.A.0.407 Official Firmware
- Download the update file by using this link (alternate link – here).
- Unzip the file on your computer.
- Then, on your computer fastboot must be downloaded (you can get it from here); unzip fastboot and then place the boot.img file (the update file) on the same folder with flastboot.
- Connect the Xperia Z with the computer and copy the ROM files from the PC to the phone’s SD card.
- Unplug the USB cord.
- Turn off your handset and reboot it into fastboot mode.
- For fastboot mode press and hold Power and Volume Down buttons at the same time.
- Connect your phone with the computer.
- On the PC open command prompt window with Administrator rights (right click on the fastboot folder and choose open command prompt here).
- In cmd enter the following: “cd C:\Fastboot”; “C:\fastboot flash boot boot.img”; “fastboot -i 0x0fce flash boot boot.img”.
- The “finished / okay” message will then be displayed.
- Disconnect the Xperia Z from the computer and turn off your smartphone.
- Now, you need to reboot into recovery mode.
- For recovery mode press and hold Power and Volume Up buttons at the same time, for a few seconds.
- From recovery the first thing to do is the wipe; you need to select “wipe data factory reset”, “wipe cache partition” and “wipe dalvik cache”.
- Then, you need to return to the main menu of recovery.
- Up next, from recovery select “install zip from sd card” and “choose zip from sd card”.
- Pick the update file from the SD card and install the same on your device.
- In the end, you just have to select “+++go back+++” followed by “reboot system now” and you are done.
Congratulations, you have updated your Sony Xperia Z to leaked Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean 10.3.A.0.407 firmware.
So, what do you think about the new firmware, are you satisfied by its features and performances? Do share your impressions and thoughts with us by using the comments field from below.