The West Bengal cabinet on Tuesday approved the Student Credit Card scheme, which the Trinamool Congress had promised in its election manifesto.
West Bengal Student Credit Card Scheme is a support for students, a student of Class X or higher can avail a soft loan of up to Rs 10 lakh to pursue higher studies in schools, colleges, institutes in Bengal, other states, or abroad. Under this scheme, loans can be availed for undergraduate, postgraduate, doctoral, and postdoctoral studies in India or abroad.
The Cabinet gave its nod to the Student Credit Card scheme. Anyone who has spent 10 years in West Bengal can avail the benefits of it. Loan will be available for undergraduate, postgraduate, doctoral and post-doctoral study in India or abroad, chief minister Mamata Banerjee told reporters at a press briefing, according to news agency PTI.
Here are all the details about the student credit card scheme:
- A student can get a soft loan of up to ₹10 lakh to pursue higher studies with the help of a credit card.
- One person is eligible for the scheme till 40 years of age.
- 15 years will be given to a student to repay the loan after getting a job.
- The educational loan shall also be extended to students studying in various coaching institutes, preparing to appear in national-level competitive exams, including IITs, IIMs, NLUs, IAS, IPS, WBPS among others.
- 5.The scheme will cover various institutional or non-institutional expenses to ensure no student from West Bengal is deprived of education due to lack of monetary support.
I am delighted to announce that GoWB has launched the #StudentCreditCard today.
To make the youth of Bengal self-reliant, the Scheme shall provide a loan of up to ₹10 Lakh with an annual simple interest. (1/2)
— Mamata Banerjee (@MamataOfficial) June 30, 2021
Documents Requirement For West Bengal Student Credit Card:
For the processing of your Student Credit Card, you need some documents like:
- Aadhar Card
- 10th Certificate Copy
- Passport Size Photo
- Photo & Documents Of Co-Applicant ( Parents)
- DOB Certificate / Age Proof
- Income Documents
- Bank Statement
- State Residence Proof ex Ration Card
How To Apply For WB Student Credit Card Online?
To giving the Student Credit Card benefit to every eligible student in state government has given an option to apply it online.
After launching the scheme almost 10K plus student has already registered themselves for credit card/loan benefits.
Processing of the application will start soon as per the Government guidelines. If you also want to take advantage of the West Bengal Students Credit Card scheme then can register yourself via the given link.
Through this article, we have provided you with all the important information regarding the West Bengal student credit card scheme. If you are still facing any kind of problem then you can contact a helpline number or write an email in order to solve your problems. The helpline number and email ID is as follows:-
- Helpline Number- 18001028014
- Email Id- firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
West Bengal Student Credit Card Scheme Apply | West Bengal Student Credit Card Application Form | WB Student Credit Card Scheme Eligibility
(With inputs from agencies)